Home

2011 Chevy Equinox rough idle

2011 Equinox, 4 cyl, 155,000 miles. Owned since new. Tip-in stall or sag off idle. Engine stalls occasionally when accelerating from idle at red light, for example. This has been occurring only recently. I suspect fuel injectors may need to be cleaned Chevy Equinox Rough Idle Causes. Hopefully, the check engine light is on. It can tell you a lot about what is going on with your Equinox. You can either go to the local parts store and ask them to scan the vehicle for you, or you can do this yourself. Most of them will do that as a courtesy (obviously they want to sell the parts) Discussion Starter · #1 · Jan 24, 2017. I just picked up a 2011 Equinox LT AWD with 79K from a dealership. I have been noticing that when I start the vehicle for the first time and when it is cold out, it starts a little rough and RPMs seem it idle a little high between 1.25-1.5. When i put the car in gear the RPMs seem to even out around 1.

2011 Chevrolet Equinox. Asked by Visitor in Le Roy, NY on October 26, 2019. Car starts with a loud rough idle then gets better. Fuel economy seems bad also. When the car starts idles rough the exhaust sounds louder. What seems to make the problem better or worse Find the most common driver-reported problems that are to blame when a Chevrolet Equinox has a rough idle. Check Engine Light and Trouble Filling Gas Tank The 2005-2009 chevrolet equinox has known issues with the evap system, a part of your emission control system No way of knowing without hearing/seeing, but sounds a lot like an airflow problem. I would start by by cleaning the throttle body since that's simple and basically free, but it does sound like a sensor issue if it dies while accelerating. re: 2011 Chevy Equinox stalling/rough idle 2010 Chevy equinox 2.4L I Have check engine code P0010 along with rough idle. Ima start by swapping out the camshaft sensors but i cant seem to locate them can someone send me a diagram of where to fi

Chevy Equinox Rough Idle → Causes & Diagnosis Drivetrain

2011 Equinox Rough Starts and Hesitation GMC Terrain

My 2011 Chevy Equinox is having the same issues as well, stahling i have to warm it up before i can drive it. . 2013 Equinox 92k when we replaced all this 97k now replaced the fuel pump and fuel tube, running more test but still rough idle and stalling. 3 people found this helpful. Mark helpful. 150 Report; gregd5 answered 2 years ago Won't. Show example Chevrolet Equinox Car idle is rough Inspection prices. Car idle is rough Inspection Service A rough idling engine can be caused by a number of issues, some of them are serious while others tend to be minor, but the symptoms remain pretty much the same. The car will feel rough and bouncy when the engine is running

The 2012 Chevrolet Equinox has 1 problems reported for rough idle. Average failure mileage is 93,500 miles 2012 Equinox hesitation, stalling and rough idle when cold. 2.4L Flex Fuel. HPFP has been replaced. Intake valves have - Answered by a verified Chevy Mechani Intermitten rough idle after braking - 2007 Equinox 3.4L. Long time reader, first time poster. I have had the Equinox for four years with little to no issues, aside from plug/wire issue that was fixed with a tune-up; the vehicle currently has 90K miles and has received all scheduled maintenance. To get to the short of it, the car is a daily. We are fixing a sputtering dying rough idle engine on a 2012 gmc terrain 2.4l 4 cylinder engine. I started by removing the MAF sensor a cleaning it. Then I p..

ECO mode has to do with the TC lock-up, and idle speed (since TC is locked up), with minor changes in shift points. I personally drove it with ECO off because I spent 95% of my time on the highway with cruise on. ECO=+1 mpg according to GM around town IIRC. To me it was not worth that. Apr 7, 2013 Reason For This Recall: The camshaft position actuator solenoid certain 2011 Buick LaCrosse, Regal; Chevrolet Equinox; and GMC Terrain vehicles equipped with a 2.4L gas engine may stick, resulting in the illumination of the malfunction indicator light, rough idle, poor driveability, and/or possible stalling at low throttle opening One of the most common issues with the 2nd generation Chevy Equinox is a stalling problem.The most challenging part of the problem is that they are known to stall at any time. Before troubleshooting any automotive issue, including stalling issues with the Chevy Equinox, make sure that you check the vehicles trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner.Trouble codes are always a great place to start. Terrain Equinox rough idle, stall, hard start Diagnose and fix Terrain Equinox rough idle, stall, hard start condition. GM has issued a service bulletin 17-NA-098 on the vehicles listed below to address a Terrain Equinox rough idle, stall, hard start, hesitation and trouble codes P0010, P0013, P0011, P0014

Rough idle when started - 2011 Chevrolet Equino

1. g on the 2.4 ecotec engine in a 2011 Chevrolet Equ..
  2. e cause
  3. The 2015 Chevrolet Equinox has 1 problems reported for rough idle. Average failure mileage is 18,500 miles
  4. Car had experienced an intermittent rough idle which led to the diagnosis. 101500 mi US $250: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr SUV. 264-horsepower 3.0L V6 6-speed shiftable automatic AWD. 80000 mi US $592: Check engine light on/sometimes flashing, runs rough at startup. Solenoid control valve replaced, plus engine flush, and fuel system cleaning
  5. The 2012 Chevrolet Equinox has 18 problems reported for engine starts jerking, stalling and shuts down at stop light. Average repair cost is $380 at 65,150 miles
  6. Car had experienced an intermittent rough idle which led to the diagnosis. 101500 mi US $250: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr SUV. 264-horsepower 3.0L V6 6-speed shiftable automatic AWD. 80000 mi US $592: Check engine light on/sometimes flashing, runs rough at startup. Solenoid control valve replaced, plus engine flush, and fuel system cleaning
  7. 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT 2.4l rough idle. Wife and I got this a few months ago. Ran good, didn't notice how badly the car idles, especially when the A/C is running. After some research, if I'm remembering right, there was a recall for the 2011's 2.4l that did this, but none for the 2010 at this time. My wife doesn't want the car anymore, she.

Chevrolet Equinox Rough Idle - RepairPal

1. 2010 Chevy Equinox 2.4L rough idle after driving for a bit. Today on the way to work my 2010 Equinox with the 2.4L suddenly started having a rough idle when stopped both in gear and park. While at stoplights it was idling rough and feeling like it wanted to lunge. Made it to work and after putting in park it died after about 10-15 seconds
  2. 2011 Chevy Malibu LTZ - Couldn't stop leakin' and shakin' 2008 Chevy Equinox LTZ 2008 Suzuki XL7 Limited As for the rough idle do you have the A/C on when it is happening? The engine will compensate for the added draw the compressor uses by increase the idle, but it will drop down at first..
  3. Rough Idle- No Power - Misfire 1-3-5 Camshaft Sensors Bank 1. Three Equinox AWD, 2013, 2016, and 2016 (all are 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder engines) A forum community dedicated to Chevy Traverse owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!.

2011 Chevy Equinox stalling/rough idle

When I got in to drive off, I put it in drive and the engine immediately ran rough and got the message: Stabilitrak off, traction control off, service stabilitrak, service traction control: Reduced engine power. This has never occured before. We purchased this 2010 Silverado new in May 2010 and it has 26,130 miles on it Well I have a 2013 Chevy equinox that's been doing it change the catalytic converter change the oil and a few other sensors and it still does it and my neighbor has a 2010 that does the same thing but shut off mine doesn't shut off just jerks and the idle goes low and then it's fixed again but keeps doing it every once in a while anybody got any answers seems like there's a lot of us. Diagnosing a rough idle is easier than it used to be. Today's modern vehicles have sophisticated engine computers that monitor the operation of the fuel, combustion and exhaust systems. This is primarily to make sure that the emission controls are working properly, but a rough idle can cause a malfunction code to be sent to the computer

Nine problems related to engine shut off without warning have been reported for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox based on all problems reported for the 2011 Equinox the 2011 chevrolet equinox i own started to idle really high then really low and made the car speed up and then the idle speed would drop to a point where the engine would die. you would have no pedal control at all just rolling along on a city street

Got hesitation and stalls at idle with 2

2011 Buick Regal 2010 - 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 2010-2011 GMC Terrain Equipped with 4 cylinder engine (RPO LAF) The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI. Condition/Concern Some technicians may comment of a service engine soon light on, low engine power or rough idle after engine Diagnose and fix P0172, fuel in oil, Rough idle, engine run-on GM GM has issued a service bulletin #PIP4783B to address P0172, fuel in the oil, Rough idle, engine run-on GM vehicles listed below. Before you perform any diagnostic tests, pull the engine oil dipstick, and check for the presence of fuel Idles rough after coming out of open loop. Idles low, around 500 to 600 in gear at a stop light and feels like it may stall but has not as yet. Will stumble or hesitate slightly when accelerator is depressed from a dead stop but if depressed very slowly, and gradually it will not hesitate. Does not hesitate from low to high speed or WOT General Motors drivers remain all shook up over vibration problems with their vehicles. We had previously written about GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado vibration problems and now you can add Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles to the group as well.. According to the technical service bulletin issued by General Motors, drivers can experience Equinox and Terrain vibration problems in.

GM Tech Tip: Black Smoke And Rough Idle On Cold StartPicture: Other - 2001-chevrolet-equinox-13

2010 Chevy Equinox - After start it chugs and dies. I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox LT AWD. Specifically on cold days, after staring the car and staying idle, the car RPMs will drop, the engine will shudder and the car will die. We now sit with the car in idle and have our foot ever so lightly on the gas pedal to counter the drop in RPMs and the. Check Engine Light Code P0300 On GM 2.2L and 2.4L. We have been seeing quite a few problems with the GM 2.2L and 2.4L engines. Mostly on model years 2005 through 2009. This engine is very common in the Chevrolet Malibu, Cobalt and HHR. As well as the Pontiac G5 and G6. This is the 4 cylinder Vehicle stalled while driving, idle's rough, and sounds like a rough. My vehicle has shut down multiple times while driving. - San Jose, CA, USA. Add Complaint. problem # 125. Dec 06 2020. Equinox. 120,000 miles; 2.4 liter ecotech engine used in 2011 Chevy Equinox is in current recall by GM. GM is using VIN number to prevent recall repair to. P0506 CHEVROLET Meaning. The Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve is a Powertrain Control Module ( PCM) controlled stepper motor located on the Throttle Body. The stepper motor drives a valve pintle which protrudes into a passage that bypasses the throttle plates. The PCM commands the Idle Air Control Valve pintle to extend to decrease the idle speed Cold Start Misfire and/or Rough Idle -DTC P0300 May Be Set This Bulletin replaces PIP4959G. Please discard PIP4959G. Service Procedure 1.Notice Buick Enclave 20092019 All 3.6L LLT, LFY All LaCrosse Allure 2009 2009 2019 2011 3.0 LF1, LFW, 3.6 LFX, LLT Cadillac ATS 20132019 3.6 LFX, LF4, LGX CTS 20102019 3.0 LF1, LFW, 3.6 LF3, LFX, LLT, LG

Chevy Equinox: Shakes When Idling → Causes and Diagnosis

125,000 miles. 2011 Chevy Equinox ticking engine and erratically idles. Runs rough and shifting is inconsistent. Took it to Chevy dealership and they said the timing chain is bad. $1500 repair! timing chains are meant to last the life of the car, these ones are defective. The recall should have been issued years ago 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr SUV. 182-horsepower 2.4L I4 6-speed shiftable automatic FWD. 9100 mi. Noisy engine at start-up (sounds like diesel) for 3-5 seconds, worse on cold starts. Noisy idle, engine revving (like gear slipping). Camshaft position actuator solenoid valves replaced, new calibration update done. Failed Car Service Estimate Shop/Dealer Price; 2013 Chevrolet Equinox V6-3.6L: Service type When I slow down and stop the car, engine shuts off Inspection: Estimate $99.99: Shop/Dealer Price $112.39 - $121.69: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox V6-3.0L: Service type When I slow down and stop the car, engine shuts off Inspection: Estimate $79.99: Shop/Dealer Price $92.41 - $101.72: 2019 Chevrolet Equinox L4-1.6L.

SOLVED: I have a 2012 equinox , when i am idling

1. Discussion Starter · #1 · Jul 6, 2015. It's driving me nuts. I bought a 2011 Malibu LTZ 4 Cy. 3 months ago with 100k km (60k miles), and I noticed during the first week when I'm at a stop sign, the entire car vibrates when the a/c is on. It's also noticeable after turning on the car and the dehumidifier kicks in (when the a/c is off)
  2. My equinox runs great except engine makes a strage noise when the vehicle idles at stoplights and such. At first we thought it was the air conditioning compressor which is giving trouble, but it does it when the air is off too
  3. Chevy should be ashamed to put a vehicle out with such a junk transmission. #2 LemonLaw says: August 22nd, 2011 at 10:00 am. Todd: Give us a call at 800-LEMON-LAW to see if we can help you resolve this issue. #3 Robert Hobbs says: October 4th, 2011 at 7:20 pm. 2011 Equinox with 400 miles and the transmission exploded
  4. g system has a weak point and.
  5. StabiliTrak looked to just be stability control, so I wanted to see if the engine would fire up; it did, but the engine ran pretty rough. I let it idle for a few seconds, 15 tops, and turned it off. I then tried to turn it back on and after 4 - 5 cranks (it usually takes 3) I decided to stop and not put too much strain on the starter

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Technical Service Bulletins. Your path: TSB Home >> 2011 >> 2011 Chevrolet >> 2011 Chevrolet Equinox The following TSB(s) may apply to your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The source of the information below is the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), which maintains TSBs for vehicles sold in the United States.If there are no TSB's listed for your. 2017 Chevrolet Equinox For Sale 133 Great Deals out of 2,325 listings starting at $8,900 Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus If air is introduced to the engine that is not regulated by the PCM, it may result in a rough engine idle at cold start and a code P050D being stored. If lean exhaust codes or IAC related codes accompany the P050D, diagnose and repair those before attempting to diagnose the P050D. Engine misfire can also be a contributor to rough idle under. 2002 Chevrolet Blazer P0300 Misfire Diagnostics. User Submitted Video. Cost of diagnosing the P0300 CHEVROLET code Labor: 1.0 The cost of diagnosing the P0300 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge. 2013 chevrolet equinox problem with engine. 2013 chevrolet equinox engine problems. at random the car will idle rough drop rpms smell like it is loading up on fuel and die the car always restarts. chevy is aware of the problem with 2011 and 2012 engines and is working one on one to fix the issue at no cost. 2013 owners are offered a.

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Water In Oil, Rough Idle, Engine

Randomly at a red light the car will start to rough idle. Took to dealer was told clean bill of health. My Dealership said this is a problem with the 6 speed transmissions on the Cruze's and Equinox's and is a problem they've seen from a lot of customers. 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS 2009 Chevy Savanna 150 7 Posts. #6 · Apr 20, 2016. I just recently purchased a certified pre-owned 2014 Traverse. Within 4 days of purchase it started making an awful, rattle noise only after a cold start and had a very rough idle. After Chevy had it for 5 days they said it was an issue with the timing chains A big thing we've seen a lot of over the past year or so, has been timing chain problems on the Chevy Traverse, Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, and Buick Enclave. All of these SUV's have the 3.6 liter V6 engine with dual overhead cams. What is happening on these vehicles is that the timing chains are stretching which leads to correlation errors with the cam sensors and actuators

I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox that is also have the same engine problems (diesel-like start, rough idle, stalling, etc). owners should contact chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438. Before actually changing it, I would remove it and out it in a different cylinder and clear the codes to see if it causes misfire in a different cylinder now In November 2019, GM agreed to pay $42 million to settle a class action that claimed 2010-2013 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles with a 2.4-liter Ecotec engines guzzle oil at a high rate. A similar class action lawsuit was filed against General Motors in December 2019 by a consumer who claims that the Generation IV 5.3 Liter V8 Vortec.

Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. The throttle body controls the amount of air that is let into the engine. It is controlled by the throttle which opens a butterfly valve, allowing different amounts of air in during acceleration. If you're experiencing lack of power or rough idle this may indicate throttle body problems The driver will complain that during a cold start black smoke will come from the exhaust and the engine will have a rough idle and minimal misfires. With the introduction of direct fuel injection systems, GM has revised the cold start control system to reduce cold start emissions. Quicker catalytic converter heating helps meet the ever-changing emission requirements and improve fuel economy 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Electronic Stability Control Consumer Complaints Complaint Number: 11365627 Incident Date: October 20, 2020 Date Added to File: October 21, 2020 Description of the Complaint: Vehicle began experiencing rough idle, poor driveability, and also stalled at low throttle opening while leaving a parking lot

P0171 CHEVROLET Description The Engine Control Module controls the air/fuel metering system in order to provide the best possible combination of driveability, fuel economy, and emission control.Fuel delivery is controlled differently during Open Loop and Closed Loop. During Open Loop, the ECM determines fuel delivery based on sensor signals without heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) input Perfect solution to keep your air intake system performing the way it was designed to Crafted from the highest grade materials for dependable, long-lasting service. $50.31. Hitachi® Mass Air Flow Sensor. 0. # mpn1538076680. Chevy Equinox 2011, Mass Air Flow Sensor by Hitachi® P0507 CHEVROLET Meaning. The Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve is a Powertrain Control Module ( PCM) controlled stepper motor located on the Throttle Body. The stepper motor drives a valve pintle which protrudes into a passage that bypasses the throttle plates. The PCM commands the Idle Air Control Valve pintle to extend to decrease the idle speed Chevy Equinox 2011, Iridium TT™ Spark Plug by Denso®. Ultimate Endurance and Power. 0.4mm Iridium and 0.7mm Platinum Twin-Tip Technology. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not.. Anonymous, FL (2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT 2.4-L 4 Cyl) I have owned 4 vehicles with 154,000 miles to 204,000 miles and this is the first one I had to replace the catalytic converter. $1,200.00.

Ecotec 2

Video: Chevrolet Equinox Questions - 2011 Equinox Rough Idle

GM: see document search button for owner letter. 2011 lacrosse, equinox, terrain. The malfunction light will come on along with, rough idle, poor driveability, and/or possible stalling at low throttle opening. This is due to a problem w . Discuss it at Forum View This TSB. More Chevrolet Equinox Emission Control Service Bulletins of Other Model. Rough idling is a common problem, of which the exact cause can be difficult to diagnose, as several factors may come into play. How your engine idles is a good indicator of its overall health; addressing the problem sooner rather than later and checking all potential causes is important. How To Tell If A Vehicle Is Idling Rough Owners of the Chevrolet Equinox have complained of engine problems and stalling. Some typical repairs include, replaced throttle body, relearned idle, cleared codes, cam shaft sensor. mass airflow intake sensor replaced. replace camshaft /amf/camshaft actuator, see carcomplaints.com. Problems have continued and owners may be entitled to new. When your car engine runs as it should, everything should be smooth without any noise. When any number of things goes wrong, the engine can start running rough, especially while idling. By understanding the causes of a car engine that has a rough idle, you can resolve the issue easily. Here are ten of the most common causes for a rough engine idle Features. Chevy uses a simple idle relearn process. After you replace the computer chip, it will automatically reset itself when you turn the ignition key from the on position to the off position. Blue Streak Electronics recommends to warm the engine after the idle relearn procedure, without use of the air conditioner

2013 chevy equinox idle fluctuation. This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by EricTheCarGuy 6 years, 11 months ago. I would first start by pulling any codes that might be stored. Additional information on diagnosing idle problems can be found here At idle speed, the engine can come off a bit coarse-sounding. The Equinox has an Active Noise Cancellation system that can lower undesirable sounds by up to 20 dB at certain frequencies, according. Chevrolet/buick/GMC: after having intake camshaft or intake camshaft actuator replaced, service engine soon light is on, engine has low power or is idling rough with a whine noise from high pressure fuel pump. Model 2010-2011 lacrosse, eq . Discuss it at Forum View This TSB. TSB Number: PIP-3423-K NHTSA Number: 10055422 TSB Date: April 1, 201

Problems with the engine intake (air or fuel): engine running may be rough or irregular. Problems with the electrical system: sometimes it is easy to identify the cause but other times it may take days of testing to find the source of the problem. Chevrolet Equinox 2005 2005 Chevy Equinox. Check engine light High RPM Revs up . I was parked. Discussion Starter · #1 · Nov 6, 2013. A few weeks ago. I let my 2010 Acadia with 94K miles get to about 1/8 a tank of gas. The low fuel light was not on and the car ran fine. After refueling, I had to crank the engine over for maybe 5 seconds when the engine usually starts right away. The engine ran really rough for a few seconds and then died 2011 chevrolet equinox. consumer writes in regards to defective vehicle operation and safety *tgw the consumer stated the vehicle was returned to the dealer three times, due to it running rough, loss of power, an overwhelming smell of gasoline, a sticky accelerator pedal and the check engine light illuminating. the dealer replaced the high.

The sensor will be biased at a high reading when the actual pressure is lower thus not regulating the fuel trim correctly and making for a rough idle, lack of power and several other symptoms. You can verify this with a scan tool that has the capability to look at sensor parameters at idle. The Ford fusion has the same fuel system and I replace. Idle Air Control Valve (Off Engine) Step 3 - Engine vacuum is a sealed system and must hold a specific amount to maintain proper idle conditions, inspect the engine vacuum hoses and intake gaskets. Engine Intake Vacuum Leak. Step 4 - The air intake boot or tube is used to deliver air to the intake system of the engine One of the main causes of the rough idle when cold is a faulty ECT sensor. This sensor is in charge of signaling the car's internal computer, the electronic control unit, when the engine's coolant liquid is running too cold or too hot, telling the computer to deliver either more or less fuel to the engine to keep it warmed up properly Chevrolet Equinox Set A Code p228D and p0089 Reduced Engine Power × Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to. Rough Running. A worn timing chain that is still on its gears may cause the valves to open when the pistons are at the wrong point in their stroke. The result will be the engine running rough as unburnt fuel is pushed through the engine. Rough-running engines will make a grinding or growling noise while idling and stutter instead of speeding up.

When the cars idle gets rough, it hard to comprehend the related causes. It is because rough idle when warm can either be caused by one faulty component or through series of problems.. However, it is easy to recognize the problem, as during rough idling either the engine would run at an irregular rate or it may have varying RPMs without your foot on the gas pedal View your Chevy vehicle's specific recall information and active notifications at the Chevrolet Owner Center P0017 CHEVROLET Meaning. The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is a permanent magnet generator, known as a variable reluctance sensor. The magnetic field of the sensor is altered by a crankshaft mounted reluctor wheel that has seven machined slots, 6 of which are equally spaced 60 degrees apart. The seventh slot is spaced 10 degrees after one of.

Chevrolet Code P0171 Common Diagnosis Mistakes It is important to complete the entire diagnostic process when diagnosing P0171. Many people will replace the air fuel sensor or O2 sensor as soon as they get a bad reading, but the root cause is often a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor or vacuum leak, thus causing the O2 or A/F sensor to read. Also, certain 2013 Buick Encore, 2011 Buick Regal, 2013-2014 Buick Verano, 2011-2016 Chevrolet Cruze, 2010-2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2013-2015 Chevrolet Malibu, and 2011-2013 GMC Terrain vehicles may. Joined Oct 8, 2011. ·. 8,870 Posts. #6 · Feb 1, 2012. TSimps7777 said: 2007 Colorado Z71 5cyl. automatic 86k mileage. When coming to a stop the rpm drops to 500 and feels like it is going to stall. It then jumps back up to about 750, but idles rough. The engine completely stalled one time as I was braking coming off of a freeway off-ramp into. 2011 Chevy Equinox codes P228D P0016 P0017 P0089 × Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more.

View all 187 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2011 Equinox The engine in your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox requires three basic things to run: fuel, air, and fire. Whether gas is delivered via carburetor, throttle body, or fuel injector the proper fuel mixture is critical to a smooth running engine. From idle to wide open throttle, modern engines are able to deliver consistent performance while keeping. Automotive Recall and Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 2011 Chevy Truck Equinox FWD L4-2.4L. TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title. 10370A JAN 11 Recall - Safety Belt Black Smoke Rough Idle on Cold Start Up PIC5687D MAY 14 Cell Phone - Checking Bluetooth(R) Software. If your Chevy Equinox is having trouble starting, idling rough or has a sudden change in the position of the throttle pedal, this could be a sign of a bad mass airflow sensor. One of the most straightforward and several cause is that your Chevy Equinox gas cap is loose, damaged or missing. The gas cap for your Chevy Equinox serves multiple. Delphi Mass Air Flow Sensor measures the amount of air that goes in to the engine which is the most critical element utilized by the ECU to optimize the air and fuel mixture. It enhances the performance by helping avoid rough idle, poor performance, reduced mile... $77.49 You Save : $46.44 (37%) List Price : 123.93

Chevrolet Equinox Questions - I was stopped at a red light

1. The PCM monitors the idle level of the engine. To do so, the intake airflow must be regulated during closed throttle conditions. The PCM regulates engine intake air at idle using an electronically controlled device called the IAC (idle air control)
  2. The GM technical bulletin 11195A for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox / GMC Terrain with a 2.4L engine describes the problem where a camshaft position actuator solenoid may stick causing the Check Engine light to come on, as well as rough idle and possible stalling. The solution is to replace the camshaft position actuator solenoid and reprogram the PCM
  3. 2011 Chevrolet Impala TSBs 573 Impala Technical Service Bulletins. Technical Service Bulletins, or TSBs for short, are notifications made directly by Chevrolet to help automotive technicians diagnose and repair commonly reported Impala problems
  4. SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A) 41 of 44 people found this review helpful. Bought the 2011 Terrain used last month with 39k miles. It has stalled numerous times in traffic and check engine light is.
  5. You have come to the right place if you need new or replacement parts for your 2011 Equinox. Advance Auto carries over 683 aftermarket parts for your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox, along with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts. We've got amazing prices on 2011 Equinox Tools, Fluids & Garage and Transmission & Drivetrain parts
  6. While there are a variety of reasons your Chevrolet Cruze has a rough idle, the most common 3 are a vacuum leak, an issue But instead of moving when you hit the gas pedal, your car hesitates. At times it is confused and hunts for gears. The car has a rough idle ( feels like car is jumping forward chugging in a rough idle ) and then shuts down
2012 Chevy equinox crankshaft sensor | FunnyDogP0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric PressureChevy Traverse And GMC Acadia Timing Chain Problems- Pictureshose fits were - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums